Join the Conscious Revolution!
In case you haven't heard of Google Sitemaps (BETA), it is a new program set up by Google to encourage webmasters to create a special XML-format sitemap file for Google to spider through. If you go through the official page, you will find yourself boggled if you are not very good at programming.
Thankfully, here's a very simple method for you to create such a sitemap in 7 easy steps so you don't have to spend $97 on some software that purports to do the same thing automatically. You betcha, people are charging a premium for doing the thing which you can without taking out your wallet.
So, to create a Google sitemap:
1) Create an xml sitemap at http://www.sitemapspal.com.
2) Simply type in your url address and click submit.
3) Copy and paste the code into a new HTML file and save it as sitemap.xml.
4) FTP it to your host.
5) Go here to log in if you already have an account: http://www.google.com/webmasters/sitemaps/login using the same username and password as you would to log in to GMail. Ask for invitation.
6) Inform Google about your sitemap location using the HTTP request, like this: www.google.com/webmasters/sitemaps/ping?sitemap=http://www.example.... and wait!
7) After 10-24 hrs, do your URL search on Google.com. Index page should be picked up.
Nelson Tan is the webmaster behind Internet Mastery Center. Download $347 worth of FREE Internet Marketing gifts at http://www.internetmasterycenter.com